Is Your Website Good? Use This List to Check
Your website is the “home base” of your Internet marketing efforts. Make sure it represents your business well.
- Your website should be uncluttered, easy to read, and easy to navigate.
- Your website should have a clear call-to-action and easy-to-find contact information.
- Your website should have content that interests your visitors and keeps them from going away too quickly – videos, bulleted lists, articles, etc.
- Using a CMS (content management system) is a way to create and manage a website through a user-friendly interface.
- WordPress is a great, free, and immensely popular CMS.
- Having a blog is one of the most important parts of an effective Internet marketing strategy. There are multiple benefits to having a blog.
Most important things to do:
- Create an attractive and user-friendly website.
- Use images that show human faces to make your site feel warm and welcoming.
- Have a clear CTA (call-to-action) on your website.
- Use a CMS (content management system) such as WordPress so that you can easily control and manage the site. Perhaps hire a consultant to assist and mentor you along the way.
- Have a blog and post regularly.
Most important things NOT to do:
- Have a cold, unfriendly site. There is a great saying: “People buy from people, not from websites.” Humanize your site by having photos of yourself or other people. Have an “About” page with some sincere information about you and the people in your business.
- Forget to have a strong and clear CTA (call-to-action)
- Have pages that are too cluttered, or too slow to load.
- Make the site all about your business rather than addressing your visitors’ needs.
- Pay too much for web design services. If you hire someone to design your site, make sure they are using a CMS so that you can log in and be able to make some changes and additions yourself.
If you’re not 100% thrilled after 60 days, we will give you a complete refund!
See "The Internet Marketing Strategy Book" by Barry Abraham
Barry Abraham is the author of "The Internet Marketing Strategy Book." This is a 10-chapter book that gives an easy-to-understand overview of current Internet marketing opportunities.
How can we help you with Internet marketing?
I want expert help with my website so that it brings in more leads for my business.
I want expert help to make my business appear more prominently in search engines.
I want expert help with Facebook, YouTube, online reviews, web analytics, & more.